C1 Broker - Insurance Broker in Spain Corretores de Seguros Versicherungsmakler
c1 broker®

House Insurance in Spain for Expats

Home Insurance in Spain - C1 Broker - we are specialists in insuring your main residence, holiday or tourist rental, villa or apartment in Spain

You are currently viewing a placeholder content from Youtube. To access the actual content, click the button below. Please note that doing so will share data with third-party providers.

More Information


Our property and household insurance specially designed for residents in Spain

C1 Broker is an expat and foreign resident specialist insurance broker in Spain. One of our star services is to provide the right home insurance for your property in Spain

We work with leading Insurance Companies in Spain such as Zurich, Allianz, Axa, Liberty, Hiscox, Mapfre, Reale, Caser or Helvetia and more, so you can be sure that the best insurance cover is chosen for your villa or apartment. 

Here at C1 Broker, we research and select the best insurance products with each insurance company to provide you with the most suitable option. We will always assist when damage occurs and safeguard your interests. In the event of a renovation with rising premiums, we can offer more affordable options.

We have specially designed house policies for Expats in Spain

We provide a flexible and modular insurance coverage that is specifically adapted to the needs of customers like you, foreign residents or  expatriates in Spain, for better price and great covers!

 The property owner’s and private liability insurance can be enhanced to a maximum of one million euros.

Many insurance companies require second residences to be covered separately from the primary residence. These policies reduce the number of services available while raising the price.

As an insurance broker in Spain, we are not required to include any second property or absence terms in the contract.. Regardless of whether the property is only partially utilized, rented out for long term, or even rented for tourism reasons, we treat all properties similarly and with full coverage. In the case of tourist rentals, liability insurance is covered for no extra fee and at unbeatable prices.

We also can insure your belongings, collections, art, special objects, together with luxury and high- value items. We start where other cover ends.

Home Insurance: Which insurance benefits are offered?

• Specific cover for main residences, second homes, rented and properties rented out to tourists

• Property owner and private liability is included and can be increased up to 1 million euros if required.

• Property legal protection insurance and private legal protection insurance

• Fully comprehensive in the event of accident damage (household items)

• Flexible cover for outdoor areas: Damage to the garden including garden and terrace furniture.


• If you are already a C1 Broker customer, you will receive an additional discount on your premium. Discounts for customers with multiple products or policies.


• We’re here for you: Our helpline is available 24/7 in the event of an accident.


Other insurance benefits:

Properties that are temporarily uninhabited

– Emergency locksmith service

– Water loss in the event of water damage

– Your possessions are also covered while traveling as part of the household contents insurance.

– Travel insurance: Finding and sending luggage


Did you know?

·    In Spain, natural disaster cover is included in the policy

·    In Spain, damage caused by earthquakes and volcanoes is covered in the policy (covered by the Reinsurance Spanish Consortium)

·    In Spain, property legal protection insurance and private legal protection insurance are included in the policy.


house insurance in portugal c1 broker expat insurance

Building insurance and household contents insurance - where and what is covered?

Despite the fact that there are numerous policies and household content insurance products on the market, they all distinguish between two concepts: building insurance and household contents insurance.


We’ll show you an easy way for figuring out the difference. Assume your home is a miniature dollhouse with a variety of items within (furniture, carpets, appliances, etc.). Everything that would fall to the floor if you turned the house upside down is known as contents, whereas everything that would stay in your hand is the building.

What does building insurance comprise?

The main framework of the building, including foundations and walls; balconies and pillars; doors and windows, walls, ceilings, and floors; roofs and facades. Water pipelines, gas pipes, cables and electrical systems, heating and cooling are all examples of fixed and permanent installations.

Annexed structures, such as garages, small houses with storage rooms, and other structures on the same site, are also included. This covers the insured building’s fences, walls, and enclosures. Sports fields, children’s playgrounds, and swimming pools are all included in the structure. Permanently attached decorative components (e.g., mirrors and portraits screwed or glued to the wall, permanently fixed lights, awnings attached to the home structure, and kitchen worksurfaces, sinks, and bathroom fittings)

What benefits can C1 offer me as an insurance broker? 

By constantly comparing quotations with other insurance providers we guarantee to get you the best quote. Being an independent insurance broker means that we always work in the best interest of our clients. In the event of damage you can be assured that you and your interests will be represented at the highest level when processing your claim. An exclusive agency however is bound to a certain Insurance Company and therefore only acts in the interests of that Company.

You are currently viewing a placeholder content from Youtube. To access the actual content, click the button below. Please note that doing so will share data with third-party providers.

More Information

House and Contents Insurance in Spain: Love your house? Insure it!

We can offer you complete and flexible solutions for your house and contents insurance in Spain, whether it is your primary, secondary or holiday home. Depending on whether you want a offer with basic guarantees or a multi-risk home insurance policy with comprehensive cover, C1 Broker has the right insurance for you. We offer competitive prices, dedicated service and the quality of the best Insurance Companies operating in Spain.

We compare, study and research for you. And help you out in case of a claim. You are in a win-win situation.

C1 Broker ®, Insurance Broker, we work with a selection of the best Insurance Companies in Spain:

Special Insurance for Luxury Villas in Spain & Fine Art Insurance in Spain

Insurance for Art in Spain Insure your Art, Paintings and Private Collections

Insurance for Fine Art in Spain

Insure your Art, Paintings and Private Collections

If you need insurance for your private collection of paintings and art in Spain, C1 Broker is the ideal partner as a broker specialising in insurance products and needs for premium segment clients.

We provide insurance for art and antiques from private collections in Spain.

We represent insurance products specialised in art from international insurance companies with guaranteed credibility and which respond quickly and easily in the event of a claim.

Certain pieces such as pianos, paintings or sculptures, among others, have an incalculable value making them difficult risks to insure in standard policies.

C1 Broker understands the complexity of insuring private art collections.

We offer 26 years of international experience dedicated to the insurance sector for high net worth private clients.

Our solutions for insuring works of art and private collections in Spain include various configurable covers as well as comprehensive all-risks insurance solutions.

You are currently viewing a placeholder content from Youtube. To access the actual content, click the button below. Please note that doing so will share data with third-party providers.

More Information

Insurance for Luxury Villas in Spain

Villas and Properties worth more than one million euros need specialised insurance. C1 Broker understands those needs and offers insurance solutions specially designed for luxury villas in Spain.


Exclusive Villas with a reconstruction value of more than 750,000 euros or a house content value of more than 150,000 euros, need special home insurance with higher capitals and flexible covers that responds to the needs of a client with a premium patrimony and lifestyle.

Villas worth more than one million euros need special insurance solutions. C1 Broker offers insurance for luxury villas in Spain, with:

– Special covers with appropriate limits for valuable properties;

– Coverage of special value objects, jewels, paintings and works of art

– Cover for gardens, outdoor furniture, swimming pools, walls and fences

– High Capitals of Third-Party Liability

– Possibility of setting high capital sums on building and contents

 “All-risk” coverage

Villa Insurance in Spain

Insuring a House in Spain: all you need to know in 2023

Frequently Asked Questions about House and Content Insurance in Spain

In general, a house and contents insurance is not mandatory  in Spain. But..

  • If you have a mortgage with bank associated with your villa or flat then the house insurance becomes mandatory.
  • On the other hand, if you own or rent in a condominium or in a multi apartment building you will probably be obliged to take out a civil liability insurance to cover water damage caused to others by a broken private pipe and a fire insurance.

But let’s say you have a detached villa in Spain… even though a house insurance it is not compulsory, any person with good sense should have one… Why?

  • To cover any unforeseen event that may arise in your beloved home, from the smallest incident such as a broken electrical appliance, to the most common claim such as water damage or wrecked awnings due to strong winds.
  • And most importantly, you need to be protected in the event of really important accident that may constitute a personal and financial catastrophe, such as house fire or a civil liability reclamation.

At C1 Broker, you will find house insurance solutions in Spain  with the best covers at unbeatable prices.

We study and compare hundreds of home insurance policies in Spain to be able to offer you the best coverage.

Ask us now for your free no obligation quote!

You can choose various cover options when taking out your home insurance policy in Spain…from the basic civil liability guarantee to several other covers such as:

  • Water Damage
  • Home Assistance
  • Legal Protection
  • Pipe and Gutter Cleaning
  • Electrical Risks
  • Pest Control,
  • Private Civil Liability
  • Theft or Robbery
  • Online Medical assistance
  • Repair or replacement of Electrical Appliances
  • Travel Assistance
  • Legal Protection
  • Fire
  • Natural Phenomena
  • Seismic and Earthquake Phenomena
  • Collision of Vehicles
  • Landslides
  • Photovoltaic Panels and Solar Panels
  • Liability for dangerous animals (dangerous dogs insurance)
  • Third Party Liability for Rentals
  • Breakdown of machinery (swimming pool pumps, central heating pumps, central boilers, intelligent central air conditioning, etc.)
  • Vehicles in garage
  • Breakdown search
  • Aesthetic damage
  • Readaptation of the property due to an accident by the insured
  • Garden reconstitution
  • Refrigerated goods
  • Loss of rental income
  • etc.

Insurance companies organise their products with various types of cover in what is known as “multi-risk home insurance” with different cover plans, ranging from basic guarantees to the most comprehensive packages.

At C1 Broker we compare and study hundreds of home insurance policies in Spain to offer you the best coverage.

Ask us now for your free no obligation quote!

There are several reasons why the price of your home insurance may increase. The premium for your house insurance in Spain is not the same as that of your neighbours, because there are factors that determine the price that each one pays for the same service:

  • Not all houses are the same, have the same constructed areas, nor are they built with the same quality of construction.
  • The use you give to your villa also influences the premium, it is not the same to use it as your main residence in Spain or to long-rent it or to rent it out for tourists & short term holidays.
  • Not all villas have the same security protection measures and therefore there are different levels of risk. The existence or not of an alarm connected to a central or to the police, security bars on the windows, reinforced door, double-glazing windows, 24-hour security, etc. will certainly reduce the value of your insurance premium.
  • The age of the house and how long ago the last plumbing and electrical installations refurbishments were carried out.
  • The capital sum insured. Since the higher is the capital you insure, the more the policy premium will increase proportionally
  • The geographical area where the villa is located – If statistically there is a lot of burglary or the house is in an area with seismic faults or a propensity to floods, these factors also affect the algorithm responsible for calculating how much you pay for your house insurance in Portugal.
  • Most insurers in Portugal update the value of home insurance, at the time of contract renewal.

C1 Broker, specialist in insuring expats and foreign residents in Spain can help you find the best solution for your home insurance in Spain.

Ask us now for your free no obligation quote!

Not sure how to choose the right insurance for your villa or apartment in Spain? That’s normal, as there is a variety of offers with different prices and several basic and complementary covers. 

  • The best thing is to put yourself in the hands of a professional insurance broker who will help you make the right decision. Remember that insurance brokers are impartial, and their mission is to put the customer’s interests first. At least, that is our motto here at C1 Broker!
  • Make a detailed comparison of market offers – Here, C1 Broker can help you by studying and comparing hundreds of house insurance quotes from different insurance companies, to offer you a wide range of options at different price levels and coverage levels.
  • Find out what is covered and what is not – ask your broker to explain what is covered and what would happen in the event of an accident.
  • See how much you can afford to pay and what your real needs are – evaluate the offers to find a balance between the cover offered and the price you are willing to pay for the service.

Ask us now for your free no obligation quote!

This may also interest you

La Importancia de Conocer los Plazos de Respuesta en Siniestros de Auto en España
Claims in Spain

The Importance of Knowing Processing Times for Auto Claims in Spain

When it comes to dealing with auto claims, uncertainty and anxiety are common emotions among drivers. However, understanding the deadlines and processes set by Spanish insurance law can make the difference between peace of mind and frustration.   Spanish legislation establishes various deadlines and application dates for processing auto claims, emphasizing the importance of insured

Read More »
Sello Aseguradora Adaptada 2024 Instituto e-Learning del Seguro
Category Other Insurances in Spain

Insurance e-Learning Institute in Spain awards C1 Broker the Adapted Insurer Seal of Approval

At C1 Broker we take the continuous training of our team very seriously. The world of insurance, its laws, standards, products, regulations and technological aspects are always changing, so it is important to provide quality training. The Insurance e-Learning Institute  (Instituto E-learning del Seguro) is the main provider of our training plan.   This year

Read More »

Why you should trust your house insurance in Spain to an Insurance Broker

C1 Broker works for you


C1 Broker is a professional insurance brokerage with a highly prepared team with legally imposed professional qualifications, knowledge and skills.

Save Money

C1 Broker's mission is to find you the best house insurance products in Spain and solutions at affordable prices, with multi-insurance offerings

Claims Management

We work for you in the event of a claim. We ensure that claims are handled correctly and advise you on how to defend yourself.

We defend your interests

An insurance broker is independent and always puts the Customer first, whereas a tied agent defends the interests of the Insurance Companies.

Assistance in your Language

C1 Broker's commitment is to provide assistance, follow-up, and professional advice to our clients. We speak several languages, so that we can offer you correct and responsible advice in your own language.

Choice of Multi Insurance Companies

We collaborate with several insurers, so we are always able to provide the insurance products and contracts best suited to your clients' needs. You always have the possibility to choose the best insurance company, independently, impartially.

Scroll to Top